- Over 10,500 hours of shifts filled within the first 6 months
- 10% of shifts at Warrington & Halton have been repeatedly filled by trainees via the NW Collaborative Bank
- Over 90% of trainees accepted onto the NW Collaborative Bank within 48 hours
- Within 6 months, 18 partner trusts across the North West joined the collaborative bank
- Greater insight – new data and analytics on the working practices and trends of DiT Workforce across the region through Patchwork Insights
St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (STHK), the Lead Employer in the North West of England had a vision for the region’s temporary workforce – the ability to book shifts through systems that enables workers to pick up shifts quickly and easily, whilst ensuring the most efficient and effective system was in place to satisfy financial and governance requirements.
By facilitating increased collaboration between trusts and transforming segmented staffing pools, the main objective was to provide clinicians with a choice in how they work shifts and are paid akin to the ambitions set out in the NHS People Plan. This objective needed to be met whilst also providing managerial control over workforce management and relieving the pressure of admin heavy tasks with an intelligent digital staff bank service.
Click here to download the full case study.