- More timely transfers and improved patient safety
- £30,000 savings per organisation
- Digitisation of processes creating a much more efficient workforce
- Access to a wider pool of clinicians, increasing the number of filled shifts
- Reduced admin burden - allowing staff to focus on other priorities
With COVID-19 admissions on the rise, the North West London Critical Care Network (NWL CCN) was struggling to keep up with demand as critical care beds were running out across a number of hospitals - starting with one of their London sites, Northwick Park. In response, NWL CCN enlisted the expertise of Imperial College Health Partners and Patchwork Health to set up a new Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU) Transfer Project, and expand across multiple Trusts in North West London in just a few days.
The ITU Transfer Project was established to facilitate the rapid transfer of patients to sites with greater critical care capacity, ensuring safe and efficient care was maintained across the region during the peak of the pandemic.
Click here to download the full case study.