- £1.2 million saved annually from reduced agency spend
- >90% shifts filled through bank
- Staff bank increase from just 250 to 2000 clinicians
- 85% of shifts booked 4 weeks in advance
- Over 43,000 shifts filled by bank
- Over 380,000 hours worked by internal bank staff
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital’s (ChelWest) temporary staffing team previously relied on outdated methods of communication with locum clinicians, such as cold calling and mass emails to fill vacant shifts. This resulted in shifts being filled at the last minute, at highly escalated rates or outsourced to agency. The team also worked from paper timesheets and managed bookings, payments and data sourcing all manually, creating a huge admin burden.
Increase fill rates and reduce agency spend
Reduce the heavy admin burden on management staff
Patchwork’s tech-enabled bank service was initiallly trialled at West Middlesex University Hospitals' Emergency Department, which had an existing bank fill rate of 35%. Within months, Patchwork had completely revolutionised the temporary staffing function with fill rates skyrocketing to over 95%. Due to the success, ChelWest decided to implement Patchwork across the entire Trust.
Click here to download the full case study.